Tuesday, July 29, 2008

shopping with a lung disease...yuck

So I take Julia to shop for "back to school" clothes. Not a favorite of either one of us. Shopping is just not our thing. We left home at 9am. Drove 2hrs. Picked out 3 new outfits, tried on about 6 pairs of capri pants.......so frustrating having a child who is so skinny that the clothes that actually fit are not age appropriate. Sigh!
By noon we were hungry. After lunch Julia just became so tired out. I felt bad because I had thought of bringing the oxygen but decided against it. She has been doing so well this summer and well it is a pain in the arse to haul around, even though we have one of the battery portable oxygen concentrators (Inogen One ...it rocks!)
Poor kid slept the entire 2hrs home, ate very little for dinner and went to her room. She put her oxygen on herself and is watching a movie.
After all of this .....we still have to find some new shoes for P.E. class....crocs are great but not all the time.

1 comment:

Babette & Robert Gierke said...

I feel your pain Jenn. Matthew is 2 and 1/2 and is still wearing 12-18 months clothes. Short yes, but otherwise I have to sew everything in the waste. It is frustrating and I just found out Insurance is not going to cover his Endoscopy/botox/dilatation procedure. I'm really mad right frustrated right now.